The Italian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong and Macao, and the China-Italy Chamber of Commerce, supported by the Retail & Luxury Committee and Quality Council, are pleased to invite you to the webinar “Emerging from the Pandemic – The Future of China’s Luxury Consumer”.
In collaboration with Ms Veronica Wang and Mr Pascal Martin, partners at OC&C Strategy Consultants, the webinar will cover their most recent insights on Chinese luxury consumer trends, emerging from two years of the Covid-19 crisis.
The agenda for the webinar will be:
- Latest China market evolution and short to mid-term outlook
- Major underlying fashion and luxury consumer trends among Chinese consumers, covering (among other topics):
- Demographic shifts – Gen Z in the driver’s seat
- Digital and omnichannel – A constantly evolving landscape and brands’ never-ending quest for consumer engagement
- The Lower-tier city opportunity – What has changed
- Converging sports and luxury – Lasting fad or long-term groundwave?
- Nationalism and the Do’s and Don’ts of “Chinese for Chinese” design
- Sustainability – How much do they care? Are they ready to pay for it?
- What these trends mean for fashion and luxury brands, and how best-in-class brands tackle these trends
Veronica and Pascal will draw their remarks from their experiences leading multiple projects in the luxury sector and from the findings of an extensive research survey recently conducted in China. They presented these survey findings and market insights to Altagamma members in Italy at the end of 2021 and received very positive feedback.
Don’t miss out on this webinar to apprehend valuable insights on the Chinese luxury consumer trends! We look forward to a lively, provocative and interaction session with members from the China-Italy Chamber of Commerce jointly.
*Please note participation is free of charge; the webinar is for ICC and CICC members ONLY.
ABOUT OC&C STRATEGY CONSULTANTS
OC&C Strategy Consultants is a global consulting firm focusing on strategy development, with a focus on consumer goods, retails, media & technology and B2B services.
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS
Ms Veronica Wang, Partner at OC&C Greater China
Veronica has worked in strategy consulting for more than 12 years, specializing in consumer goods and retail sections, with a particular focus on luxury, fashion and beauty. Based in Greater China throughout her career, Veronica has developed deep knowledge and insights about the China market and Chinese consumers, advising a broad range of clients on their China/Asia market entry and growth strategies, including value proposition, assortment, pricing, distribution and marketing, etc.
Veronica also regularly leads market and consumer studies in China, publishing a series of reports including recent ones on Gen-Z Consumers, Post-Covid Market Trends, Luxury E-commerce, 2nd hand Luxury Market, etc. She holds a Master’s degree in Economics from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in the US and a Bachelor’s degree in International Finance from Fudan University in China.
Mr Pascal Martin, Partner at OC&C Greater China
Pascal started his consulting career with McKinsey in Los Angeles and Paris (1987-1993), then Booz Allen in Japan (1997-2003) and OC&C in Hong Kong since 2015, totalling 17 years in the consulting sector. He also held several senior management positions between consulting roles: CEO of Adidas Japan, Regional Director of M&S APAC, VP Strategy at Burberry APAC, CCO at Avon Japan (an interim role for a PE portfolio company) and CEO at Nissan Motors.
Based in Greater China over the past 12 years, after 13 years in Japan, Pascal is an Asia expert. He has been advising a broad range of clients – global groups, industry disruptors and PE investors – on strategy, operational improvement and transformation management in Luxury, Fashion and Sports Apparel, Footwear, Cosmetics, Wine & Spirits and Automotive industries.
Pascal’s consulting experience includes all aspects of market entry and growth strategies, including product, pricing, channel & route-to-market and digital & omnichannel, always rooted in a thorough understanding of consumer behaviour and trends. He holds an MBA from the Stanford University Graduate School of Business, as well as a Master’s degree in Economics from Sorbonne University and a civil engineering degree from Paris Ecole Speciale des Travaux Public.
Terms and Conditions:
- The webinar link will be sent to the registration email by 12:30 PM the day before the webinar.
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be provided in writing to: email@example.com at least 72 hours (3 days) prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon Signal (or above) or the Black Rain Storm Signal is hoisted.
- For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org